July 23, 2008

Hump Day

Estelle Getty has passed away. I was very saddened to hear that. I can't begin to imagine how many mornings I lazed the day away enjoying re-runs of the Golden Girls. Her character Sophia Petrillo kept us in stitches for many years. Those thick glasses, wicker picnic-basket looking purse, knobby wig and orthopedic shoes were such a perfect complement to the other characters: Blanche, Dorothy and the idiotic Rose.

I could hardly get out of bed this morning. Not sure why, as I was able to sleep in yesterday, due to a SHRM event I attended into the evening hours (flexed my schedule to accomomdate my evening obligation). I awoke at 6:00 a.m. to get Marigold and the flowers up and out the door, then took a quick shower, dressed myself in clean PJs, then got right back in the bed. Slept 'til 10:15 when a thunderstorm rolled through and woke me up. Was back in bed by 10:30 last night. Whey then could I not get up this morning? As usual, Annie Lee's artwork is a perfect analogy to how I felt this morning:



This is called "Blue Monday." Ever seen it in print? It's amazing. The detail is out of this world.

I came across this neat experiment. How good are
you at spotting fake smiles? Try this test to see.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/smiles/.

Enjoy. Happy Hump Day.

No comments: