October 22, 2008

Where has she been?



I've gone off and become a running fool. Well, not quite. But I'm getting there! I know, I've been MIA for a while. What have I been doing, I know you want to know. Well, it's simple. I've been learning to eat well (courtesy of Weight Watchers), learning to exercise in a healthful way, walking/jogging/cycling my way through 109 miles to meet my October 250-miles challenge, and oh yeah, let's not forget, working 40 hours a week, raising delicate flowers and being somewhat of a meidocre wife to Marigold.

Rose is doing extremely well in school. Third grade is no big deal to her. She's taken to it like a fish to water. Chrysanthemum, on the other hand is slowly adjusting to Kindergarten. Her adjustment period has taken me by surprise, if I may say so. Rose just blooms where she's planted. Chrysanthemum, as Marigold loves to remind me (as if I didn't already know it) is an entirely different child and a very different person. I'll share one thing with you: Chrysanthemum doesn't like automatic flush toilets. And, well, if you've been out of your house in the past four or five years, you'll know that most pulic restrooms (schools, movie theaters, sporting facilities, grocery stores, restaurants, etc.) have automatic flush toilets. The past few weeks we've spent begging her to just use the bathroom. She's had several days in a row where her lovely teacher couldn't convince her to use the bathroom. At all. Can you say will of steel? I've never met a more stubborn human being in all my life.

If I may be totally transparent for a moment: there were brownied covered in fugde and nuts on Monday in my office. They looked completely and totally amazing. And I managed to refrain from eating one! I didn't eat any! Was it easy? No. I had to pray and then go to the bathroom to brush my teeth to avoid sinking my teeth in one. It was a struggle, but for the first time in my life, I'm learning how to effectively avoid eating food that's no good for me!


It looks like I'm going to make my 250-mile goal and my 109 miles for the month of October. My long Saturday and Sunday morning runs have really helped boost my mileage tremendously. I'm up to four miles on each day. On days when I can't run, I feel badly, as I've grown to enjoy it so much. I haven't taken my body measurements, but I know things are changing! I'll take pics and post them soon. I've lost a total of 13.6 pounds, and I haven't felt this good in a long time. If you've ever lost weight, I'm sure you know what a difference 13 pounds makes.

My first 5K run is coming up in about two weeks. For those runners/walkers out there, I'm interested in new music to put on my Ipod for the run. I love Rhianna and Justin Timberlake's fast songs, but I'm ready for something new. Can I count on your for your favorites? For those of you that can't live without your Ipod, please post your favorite running tunes.





No comments: