December 22, 2008

Make Your Dreams Come True



So, what's your dream for 2009? Yeah - you! I'm talking to you! You're here, you're alive, you're you. What's your dream for 2009? I know you've got one. YES YOU DO! You may be pushing it back down for fear of failure, but you've got at least one.

What do I do with this dream?, you ask. Simple. Write it down somewhere. No, you don't have to run to Borders and pick up a pretty notebook. Any notebook will do. A piece of your child's loose leaf paper is fine. A yellow sticky note is okay too. Just write it on something. That makes it concrete. Got it? Good. Now, put that piece of paper somewhere you'll be able to see it regularly. The bathroom mirror at home is a good place. You're bound to be there at least twice a day. Or, if you're more the kitchen-type, put it on one of your cubboards in the kitchen. Or, put it on the fridge. Doesn't really matter where it goes, as long as you put it somewhere you'll run across it often.

Spend a few minutes each day focusing on this dream. Imagine yourself living it. Whether it's weight loss, or financial freedom, or existing in a healthy relationship with another person, you have to meditate on it before it can come to fruition.

Revisit your goal often. It's okay if your dream/goal changes - that's a natural part of growing. And remember, as long as you're alive, you'll grow!

My dream for 2009? To drop the rest of this weight like it's hot!! I want to wear a size 14 by Disney in June. Secondly, I'd like to compete (and finish) at least two races. My first will be a 5K, the second, hopefully a half marathon. And yes, my dreams are already posted on the mirror above my dresser at home.

When you finish meditating on your dreams today, please check out Every Gym's Nightmare's Bumblekist Tuna Giveaway! You could be a winner!




Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert
. ~Isaiah 43:18-19


3 comments:

Felice Devine said...

Yay for your first race! That's a great one. I happen to love 5ks, by the way.

I've been thinking a lot about dreams for 2009. Goals are important; it feels so good to reach them!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

I never really give much thought to my dreams. I rarely remember them. maybe i should start writing them down

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

P.O.M. said...

Ohhhh... i like this.
I'm doing it.
BUT I'm keepin' it to myself :)