June 28, 2008

Cakelove, Dave Matthews Band, and a Babysitter





It was an awesome Saturday.

I dropped the flower girls off at Daisy's around 11, then headed to Tyson's Corner for a close-up of Warren's new location of Cakelove. It's a small spot in a corridor of the mall with only food, so it's in a great location - not too far from the California Pizza Kitchen. I entered the mall around 11:30 and did a little peruzing, promising myself I'd only look but not touch! Actually, I was pretty good, I only purchased a dress for Rose & Chrys's birthday pictures, which we'll hopefully get done soon.

Warren was in fact, at Cakelove right at 12 noon. I stopped by for a few cuppycakes and a pic opportunity with Warren. I figured there would be a mob, but only a few loyal fans were there for a quick greeting. He graciously agreed to a picture with me, which was cool.

Have you checked out his show Sugar Rush on the Food Network yet? His baking philosophy is to keep it simple, which I appreciate. These are some of the goodies at Cakelove.

After my Cakelove expedition, I headed home for a quick nap in preparation for the concert. Marigold and I took this picture of us as we were headed out. For those of you who enjoy DMB and have yet to attend a concert, I highly recommend it. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, however, as I spotted two personalized license plates expressing love for DMB.

No comments: