June 27, 2008

T.G.I.F.


It's been a long, stressful week. But guess what, ya'll?...It's just about over!

I had my oral assessment yesterday at 12 noon. It was pretty good, from my perspective. The woman who administered my assessment had a very different style from the woman who's been coaching me for the last five weeks. For that, I am grateful.

She was a bit more mellow, and her voice reminded me of coffee. Yeah, coffee. More specifically, a nice, hot steaming mug of joe. Now, I don't drink coffee very often as caffeine is not a good friend of mine, but I enjoy the taste of a good cup of coffee every now and then. If for some reason I have to stay up for a long period of time to tend to something, then I'll have a cup of coffee, but I'm not one of those people who needs a cup to get me going in the morning (ahem, Marigold). I prefer a good steaming cup of tea. Green tea, peppermint tea, lemon tea, orange spice, those are my favorites, in that order.

But, I digress. The oral assessment is over. Done. Finished. A thing of the past.

The woman who coached me, I'll call her Jennie, she lives in New Mexico. I've driven through New Mexico. It's beautiful there - I'll never forget the red dirt. Anyway, I was making a point. Oh yeah - she had a few recommendations for me after the coaching session was complete. She said she had a 'few' but then the few seemed to turn into several. I was sitting there, listening to her, and for the most part, in complete agreement with what she was saying. But I began to grow concerned. Exactly when were her few recommendations going to end and the compliments begin??? It was getting a little scary! So, I asked her, "Jennie, do you feel that the few recommendations you had for me will add up to be enough to keep me from passing?" Her reply was, "No, I don't think so." Yeech. I guess I'll have to take that as a no.

So, here I sit, patiently waiting for my e-mail from the administrators. They've said to allow 48 hours for a response. I think it'd be kinda crummy to make me sweat through the weekend for the pass/fail response, don't you?

The fact remains that it's Friday. For that, I am immensely grateful.

Marigold and I will be seeing the awesome Dave Matthews Band Saturday night. I can't wait. I've never seen a live rock band in concert, so I'm most excited about it. The last concert I saw was the infamous and oh-so-fabulous Macy Gray, opened by the Brand New Heavies. It was a great show!

Warren Brown is opening a new Cakelove in Tysons Corner! The grand opening is Saturday from 12 noon to 3:00. I'm going to head over and see if I can sample a cupcake and say hello to him. If you didn't already know, his show Sugar Rush is shown on the Food Network on Saturdays at 2:00.
I do love a good cupcake!

And now, A little inspiration from the Great Book:
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."
Isaiah 40:8

No comments: