July 05, 2008

Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Oh My! THe Lion King

I decided to splurge and bought tickets a few weeks ago to see the Lion King. It was supposed to be a birthday treat for Rose, but the only tickets that worked for our schedule (and my checkbook) were for today. I decided not to tell her until just a few days ago, as it's my belief that when you tell a youngster you're going to take them to an event, you had been darn tootin' be sure it'll happen! Daisy used to tell me that she wouldn't reveal things to me until we were ready to walk out the door! Now that I'm a Mom, I can understand why.

It was an amazing show. The costumes, the music, the singing, all of it was fantastic. It was more than I could ever describe here in this post. It was, in a word, superb.


Here's a picture of my Playbill. I keep these for some reason. I hope that one day, when I'm the ripe old age of 90, I'll have a basket-full to share with my great grands.


No comments: