July 02, 2008

QOTD: Out of anyone in your address book, with whom would you most like to have lunch today?

For me, I'd probably select my Aunt Lilac (not her real name, of course). She's a newlywed, and that's very refreshing to me, since I've been married for many, many, many years (wink wink, Marigold!). Aunt Lilac found love later in life and is now enjoying the life of an "At home wife" due to a recent RIF from her job of 10+ years. I think Lilac would enjoy a lunch date with me today. I know I would enjoy lunch with her.

I'd probably take her to Gladys Knight's restaurant, commonly known as Gladys and Rons' Chicken & Waffles at the Boulevard at the Cap Center. There we could enjoy a Midnight Train (an addictive beverage made of lemonade and iced tea) and some good 'ole fried chicken and waffles. If you haven't been there, give it a try. The wait is normally several minutes long, but the food is very much worth the wait.

With whom would you you like to have lunch with today?




God has committed to use the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ. ~2 Corinthians 5:19-20

No comments: