October 01, 2008

Running...for...my...life....

Okay, so I think I've mentioned this little weight loss crusade I'm on. It's hard. The exercise sucks. The eating correctly sucks. I find myself feeling a bit cross and evil - a lot. But I know it's part of the process. And I don't like it one bit.

The yahoo group that I'm a member of, 250 miles, is wrapping up the current 5-mile challenge. Long story short, I need to walk/jog/bike, etc. 109 miles before the end of October to meet my goal. Sigh.

So here I go. I've got 4 miles in. Ha ha ha ha ha you say. Me too. Classic comedy, as my friend likes to say.

Yesterday at the Flower's new after school fit club, I ran .75 mile. I almost made the whole mile, but I conked out 'cause my throat was burning. I wasn't that tired and I was kinda mad with myself, I should've been able to finish the mile.

So while you're lounging on your couch, munching on full fat snacks, think of me. Know that I'm probably somewhere looking like an exhausted rasta, locks all over mah head and swit dripping. That's me burning fat baby.

Here's my ticker. She'll help me track my miles this month. Who knows? 109 miles in October could morph into 115 in November. Ooh chile, I'm gonna look good next summer!!!





No comments: