January 08, 2009

Feeling MUCH Better Today

Praise the Lord, the sun is shining! I thought I was going to have to hurt somebody yesterday! I was one miserable girl!

But, today is a new day and it's all good. I can see the sun (if I stand up in my cubicle), but I haven't actually been out in it, as I arrived at work today before the sun arose. Perhaps a short walk outside would do me some good. Nah, my locks are still wet. Can't risk catching a death of a cold right now - I've got waaay too many miles to plow through this month.

On the mileage topic, I treated myself to a 'long' four-mile treadmill run (well, snort, it was long for me!). It was delicious. Except for the stupid ear buds I bought that wouldn't stay in my ears. They drove me slightly nuts. They're going back to the store tonight. I'm so glad I kept my receipt.

Today I'm struggling with a relationship issue I've had since I was a young girl. I've cried about it countless times and I've been praying about it regularly. I won't get too specific, but I'd appreciate your prayers and good thoughts about it.

My Power of a Praying Woman calendar entry today says: Whenever you are disappointed because your needs are not being met, talk to yourself and say, 'My soul, wait silently for God along, for my expectation is from Him" (Psalm 62:5) Then tell God about all your needs and everything that is in your heart. Don't worry, He won't be surprised or shocked. He already knows. He is just waiting to hear it from you. This brought me a gread deal of comfort - knowing that He already knows and is waiting to hear it from me. Wow. His love for me amazes me over and over again.

The Willow Tree Angel of Good Health

January 2009 Gratitude Journal:
Thursday 1 January: Today I'm grateful for family and friends who are willing to make the long trek to my home to celebrate the New Year with us.
Friday 2 January: Today I'm grateful for the pretty light blue sweater I'm wearing thats bringing sunshine to a gloomy January day.
Saturday 3 January: Today I'm grateful for the love and laughter of my daughters - they really are my pride and joy.
Sunday 4 January: Today I'm grateful for God's everlasting mercy and grace. Without it, I shudder to think of where I'd be.
Monday 5 January: Today I'm grateful for weight loss and maintenance blogs that give me valuable information.
Tuesday 6 January: Today I'm grateful for good hand lotion. Constant hand washing and harsh soap have done a number on my skin.
Wednesday 7 January: Today I'm grateful for the anticipated arrival of Spring and the longer days and flowers it's sure to bring.
Thursday 8 January: Today I'm grateful for good health and knowing it will only improve as I continue my weight loss efforts.

1 comment:

Brightcetera said...

I hope your struggle is relieved soon. It hurts to have these situations repeat themselves without resolution.

The sun is shining here too! Everything is good!

Good going on the treadmill run.
And YES! I DO want to see you sweat! :)
I'm still walking but I did up my speed to 3.7 MPH so it's an improvement.