September 30, 2009

Cross Training Day

I feel like my half-marathon training program is coming along quite well.  According to my training program, I was to cross train today instead of run, which is exactly what I did.  I lifted ten pound free weights for 15 minutes, then fought with my favorite machine for 30 minutes - my beloved stairmaster.  Watch out now!  She fought back today!  Woohoo!  It was a blast! Good times!  You know how much I freakin' love that machine if you read my post from the other day.

I had a very busy day with clients today at work and  I've begun working late hours on Wednesdays to accommodate field employees.  Lucky for me, working late also means starting late, allowing me to sleep in until 7:00 a.m. this morning.  Yes, sleeping until 7:00 a.m. is considered 'sleeping in' to me as my normal waking time is around 5:15 Monday - Friday.  I defnitely needed it today as my allergies kicked up yesterday and I took a Benadryl before bed.  Some folks get amped up from taking a Benadryl, but not me, sleep is a must as it makes me sleepy as all get out. I've made the mistake of taking a Benadryl during the day and being forced to head straight to bed, unable to function and do anything except sleep.

I savor my runs so much, but I recognize that cross-training and strengthening my upper body and core are essential to my being able to complete the half marathon.  It's just not my favorite activity.  I'd rather run! 

Today was a good day.  It's still not over yet, but I'm confident it will be soon.  Time to head to the water fountain for another refill.

Keep on runnin' yall!
--------------------------------
Gratitude Journal
1. Volunteer activities that help me strengthen my skills and network with other professionals
2. Amy's burritos: so filling and low-fat too
3. My Crockpot for cooking my dinner slowly while I work the day away
4. Cross-training for the strength and balance it gives my body

No comments: