May 14, 2010

3.5 A Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Hello, peeps.  As you can probably tell by the title of this post, I'm back up to 3.5 miles of running/Stairmastering everyday.  I feel so good - so ALIVE again.  It's absolutely unbelieveble how much my mood and general outlook on life have improved since I last posted.

I'll be starting a Master's program in Education next month.  I'm really excited about it and I'm oddly looking forward to being in a formal education program again.  Technically, I'm in school right now, but I'm between classes at my local communicty college, senjoying a much-needed one week break.  I will finish my Certificate in Human Resource Management next month, then I'll go straight into the Master's Program.  I'm nervous about the demands the studies will place on my family, but I'm convinced that together, the Flowers and Marigold and I can all handle it. 

Speaking of the Flowers, they are both doing absolutely fantastic.  I'm such a lucky Mommy to have those two little girls to keep me on track.  They're the smartest, prettiest, most interesting people I have ever encountered.  I love them so much.  Chrystanthemum received an award in school for being a much improved student, and Rose continues to make Principal's Honor Roll (straight As!).  They both continue to take ballet lessons and we're quickly headed toward hell week - the week before their annual ballet recital.  Each girl will have three lessons that week plus a mandatory dress rehearsal.  That means eight lessons between two girls in a one week span of time! Does anyone have a wife they can loan me? LOL!   I hated life last year during hell week, and I don't imagine this year will be much better, but I'm preparing myself as best I can for it.

My weight you ask?  Don't ask, I say.  The scale is not my friend right now.  A close friend told me it's time to start journaling what I eat again.  Bah!  I say!  I hate journaling!  I'm not good at it, I lie and try and cheat the journal and my dishonesty always comes back to bite me in my slightly firm a$$.  I know desperate times call for desperate measures.  I know!  I know!  I know!  I just don't wanna do it.  I will though.  Eventually.  Soon.  Real soon.  I hope.

I have a wordle now!  I love this thing.  It's real easy to make one, you just visit the site here and copy in the text you want to use, or upload your blog or home page into the link and wordle will create your wordle for you.  It's pretty cool.  You can see mine on my home page.  I customized mine to make it purple and pink and changed the font until I found one I like the most. 

-------------------------------------------
Gratitude Journal:
1. My weight problems means that I have (more than) enough food; I am blessed beyond belief
2. Feeling good about my body again makes me happy
3. My Flowers are happy and healthy girls
4. Marigold still loves me after all these years
5. My hectic schedule means I am a productive woman
6. Another woman (Elena Kagan) has been nominated for a seat on our Supreme Court.  We might have three female Judges soon!

Keep on runnin' yalll!

No comments: